Boulder, CO 80301
COMMUNITY & NATURAL RESOURCE PLANNING
WATER RESOURCE RESILIENCE - Advancing from Conservation to Adaptation
PhD Dissertation Research - The overarching theme of my research is applying Water Resource Resilience Planning to inform municipal and regional strategies for future water scarcity stemming from a changing climate, population growth and resource degradation.
WATER RESOURCE RESILIENCY PLANNING
Growing Water Smart Workshop(Subcontractor for Sonoran Institute) September 2017
Resilient Communities Workshop (Subcontractor for Sonoran Institute) February 2018
NATURAL HAZARDS PREPAREDNESS
Planning for Hazards Guide and Website. Research and website development of resiliency planning best practices and local and regional scale planning for climate change preparedness.
NATURAL RESOURCE & WATERSHED MANAGEMENT
- Santa Fe River Watershed (2011-12)
- Rio Fernando in the Upper Rio Grande Watershed (2005)
- Galisteo River Watershed (2004)
LAND USE PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT
- Galisteo Basin Preserve Trails Plan –Commonweal Conservancy
- Landscape Health Assessment of Galisteo Basin Preserve
- 2009 New Mexico State Water Plan Update
- Regional Water Planning – Management of the New Mexico Interstate Stream Commission’s Regional Water Planning program. This program allocated $1.6M in funds for contracts to 16 New Mexico water planning regions to assure a future water supply based on projected demand
WATER USE, CONSERVATION & DROUGHT PLANNING
- Water Bank Administration – Managed the City of Santa Fe portfolio of water rights
- Water Right Permit Compliance - Managed the City of Santa Fe Water Rights - Permit for the Buckman Well Field with the NM OSE
- State Water Plan Update 2009 – Statewide canvassing meetings (24) on incorporating climate change planning into water plan.